Sunday, July 30, 2006

Mud, mud and some more mud

Okay so, when I think about Africa I picture hot, dry and dusty, and yes this is all true, but I never imagined the mud. We have officially enter the real rainy season and it pours alomost ever other day (of course it's blazing hot when it's not raining). If you have been reading my blog you have gt to hear a little bit about my experiences in biking in BF, but I woud like to add streams and knee deep mud to the list of things I have had the privledge of biking through. But don't get me wrong, I will take the mud because it means there's rain and rain means food and everything else here is starting to grow. I was gone from Bogoya for a lttle over a week for my site visit. When I left it was mostly still brown and dry in my village. When I returned, it was like going to a whole new place. Everything is green and beautiful. La pluie (the rain) seems to be the answer to every problem.
But there is life beyond la pluie. For one thing there is our amazing Girls Club in Bogoya F. We have had three meetings of the club so far and it has been an experience to say the least. Out club is for girls age 10+ and we have anywhere between 15 and 30 girls who come. Most of our club time is focused around dance and song. We sometimes show the girls an american song or dance but mostly we are dancing and singing in Moore or occassionally French. What a workout! We'll be down on our knees, dancing in a circle or being tossed in the air depending on the song. Hopefully I will have some pictures loaded soon of the club.
I think that's about it for now. Bilfu (bye)

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Blogger stearns003 said...

Hey girl. I'm trying to get Davi to come check out your blog & pics (supposedly today, but he didn't show up yet...), so get some good ones up! Take care and don't get stuck in the mud! :o)

me

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garrett said the mud sounds fun. I don't think I would know what to do with all the mud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home