Monday, June 30, 2008

Sit back and relax

Go figure that one bug, albeit one very large bug, can kill my whole evening. Never being a big fan of bugs (honestly how I got the nickname bug is beyond me), I have found my nemesis in the scorpion carrier. I hate these bugs, technically a spider, with a passion. Or better put they make me jump and put my feet on the chair like a little girl (I do pride myself that I don't also squeal). These creatures, 'bugs' sounds too small, are the size of my hand. They are extremely fast and resilient, I can empty 1/2 of insecticide on one and it is still going, while I'm getting nauseous on the smell. Also these creatures run in no particular pattern, they'll even run right at you. Then they'll disappear for a few minutes until you finally start to relax and then here they come again. Even after killing one you can't really relax because the thing has been so spastic about running all over your house (oh did I fail to mention it was in my house) that you're not completely sure that there was only one. And no, their name is not deceiving, they really do carry scorpions sometimes, isn't that a great mix. So go ahead, sit back, pick up your book and relax and enjoy your evening now.

3 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Randal Kay said...

You received your "name" when we started calling you Krista Lee Kay, which transformed into Krista Lee-Lee Kay, which somehow morphed into Krista-Bug (don't asked me to explain the morphing angle) and of course that got shortened to "Bug." Which of course, stuck!

There ya have it...or as close as I can remember, heck, it was 24+ years ago!

 
At 1:58 AM, Blogger Krista said...

25+ years ago dad, but that's okay. Lee-lee becoming Bug, Only in my family could that happen. :o)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger trinity said...

yeah. Only in our family. But Dad should be proud to know that after 14 years the nick name he bestowed on Lizzie moments after her birth :lizard Lips has come back in fashion. Now that the youth group has begun to call her lizard.

Ahh nick names.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home