Monday, February 11, 2008

Tô it's not quite Pizza My Heart

While I was at home for Christmas I indulged myself with all the yummy foods that I just can't get in Burkina. One of those delicacies was pizza from Pizza My Heart in Santa Cruz (and yes it is after my heart). I decided to share a little of SC culture with my guys back in village and brought them Pizza My Heart shirts. They love them!
It's hard to find a day when at least one of the guys isn't wearing their shirts. One of my first nights back I was hanging out with Didier and Molare (both proudly sporting their shirts) when we were brought a big bowl of tô to dig into and we couldn't resist taking a picture of Molare and me eating the Burkinabe equivalent of pizza. Being that I usually I try to avoid eating the hot play-doh textured substance with it's accompanying sauces with the consistency of snot, I agreed to eating ONE bite for the picture. Of course it took a few pictures to get it right (I argue that Didier was taking bad pictures on purpose to make me gag down more). So we have the t-shirts... now how to get the actual pizza here????


P.S.- Sorry for being terrible about updating my blog. I promise there is more to come. And no, that is not my kid on my back.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger trinity said...

yeah you are ridiculously terrible about updating your blog. Its like you live in some third would country or something. Geese, get with it would you?

Nice picks with the shirts. Now you can actually see the people in your pictures :)

Maybe I should print off your blog and take it to Pizza My Heart and see if they get inspired to send you some Pizza or something. Not that I can think of how that would be good by the time it found you. Maybe they could take a trip and come make you some.

Who knows.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Randal Kay said...

trinity, I think the word is "jeesh" not "geese." Geese are migratory water fowl. ;o)

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home